Out of Norm Travels - Trip to Rajasthan, India - Nov 2013

I was reminded of my long outstanding India blog entry when I was recently faced with the question of "What would be the personality of India through my lens?" That got me thinking.... 

Out of the thousands of photos taken during that trip, I vividly recalled the spectacular colors of Rajasthan as I traversed her lands from Jaipur (Pink City of India)Junagarh Fort at Jaisalmer (built with distinctive Yellowstone of that area), Jodhpur (The Blue City) with its impressive Mehrangarh fort, and its special places like Karni Mata temple (aka Rat Temple where I had my personal up and close encounter with the small creatures), Jaisalmer Fort (with its intricate hand-carved sand stone latticed balconies and archways) and last but not least, the Pushkar Camel Fair (one of India’s unique spectacle that attracts some 300,000 people and up to 20,000 camels, cattle and horses). I also had my first taste of Camel milk (full bodied) with coffee and recalled the warmth of her people as I had more requests for photos to be taken with me than I had taken of them (I understand that they are still enthralled by fair skinned Chinese), beautifully decorated elephants) and the magical beauty of the desert sunset at the sand dunes of Khuri

Here's my pictorial collection of memories of Rajasthan 




Until the next time, onto the world and beyond! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Norm Travels -Beijing China - Walk up to Great Wall of China (JinShanLing section) on 21 May 2012

Out of Norm Travels - Iceland The Land of Contrasts

Out of Norm Travels - Adventures in Japan: 2019 - (August) Lake Biwa and Osaka Naniwa Yodogawa Fireworks